Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Music = My Passion + Desire #1


I guess I'm not the only one that loves music right??? We all have our very own preferences on what type of music we like and adore.

For me I just love music for it is.. I don't really care bout what language the song is as long it suit my ears and most importantly the LYRICS have to be damn good. Not some jolly rolly polly words you thrown in it as long it rhymes and you call it a SONG...

For those who know me they will know that I'm into all sorts of stuff. I do have my personal favourite but in general I just listen to anything. From chirping of a birds, sound of nature produce, sound of waves, metal, R&B, pop, ballad, or even classical song - basically anything! >Duh! I just realize I'm talking bout the same thing over and over again...<

So move on, my no 1 favourite always is Tarja Turunen. She is formally known as a vocalist for the symphonic metal band - NIGHTWISH. After some incident on 2005, Tarja is pursuing solo career and she just ended her long What Lies Beneath Tour few months back and now she is focusing on her 3rd Rock album as well as her live DVD >Hopefully Blu-Ray<. Some info on her is that she is a Finnish and she studied classical singing and she joined the metal band >co-founder actually< in 1996. She incorporated her classical singing into a metal song. She is considered as legend as many bands emerged after NIGHTWISH and using her as example. Well rather than keep on talking please take some times to enjoy the video below.

*WARNING* - Please listen with open mind and try to stay from the beginning till the end of each video

Song : Ever Dream (taken from End Of An Era DVD)
This is the last concert Tarja perform as a member of Nightwish


Song : I Walk Alone (first single from My Winter Storm - Tarja's first rock solo album)


Song : I Feel Immortal (rock ballad from What Lies Beneath - Tarja's 2nd rock solo album)


Song : Anteroom Of Death (opener track for What Lies Beneath)
*WARNING* do you know Bohemian Rhapsody? Something similar with metal and classical twist!


I did mention she is a classical/opera singer right?
Song : 1st - Phantom Of The Opera (taken from End OF An Era DVD)
           2nd - Carmen (Taken from Beauty And The Beat Concert)



Hope you guys enjoy!
Next post I will mention some of my addiction on KPOP!

(credit to users who uploaded all the videos on Youtube)

2 comments:

  1. Well, for opera, you can try listen to Queen Of The Night by Edda Moser.Rarely find people that enjoy music without the barrier of language and I'm one of them.. haha
    p/s I'm currently into Carpenters and Lana Del Rey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your suggestion - will check it out later - now I'm addicted to KPOP a bit LoL! Going to mention that on my next post! Keep visiting and commenting! It will encourage me to write more and more!

      Delete

Add more LIES here...